Mandy Hubbard joined D4EO Literary Agency in February 2010 as a Young Adult and Middle Grade specialist, and has since expanded to include romance.
Prior to joining D4EO, her debut novel, PRADA & PREJUDICE, released from Penguin's razorbill imprint, quickly followed by several others, published by Harlequin, Razorbill, Flux, and Bloomsbury. Her novels have been optioned for film, published in eight territories, and appeared in TIME, USA Today, and Entertainment Weekly.
Due to her background as a successful author, Mandy brings a unique perspective to agenting. She works closely with her clients from the idea stage to polished manuscript, and all the steps in between. Mandy focuses on discovering debut talent as well as growing the careers of published authors.
email: firstname.lastname@example.org [No Queries at this address]
- Email submissions only
- Put "Query: Book Title" in the subject line of the email
- Paste the first five pages of your novel below your query
- No attachments
- Email Queries to: MandyHubbardQueries@gmail.com
You are welcome to query anything that falls within the MG/YA realm, as well as romance, but in particular, Mandy is looking for:
- Contemporary, realistic romance for adults or "new adults"-- NO paranormal, UF, etc.
- Regency or Victorian Romance
- YA Horror, thriller, or mystery
- YA epic fantasy a la THRONE OF GLASS
- MG with a fun girly angle and series potential
- YA Romance, whether historical or contemporary
- Historical YA novels based within real tragedies, a la BETWEEN SHADES OF GREY by Ruta Septys, REVOLUTION by Jennifer Donnely, etc.
- YA with a hook, a la HEIST SOCIETY by Ally Carter or THIRTEEN REASONS WHY by Jay Asher
PLEASE NOTE: I am not interested in vampires, werewolves, angels, mermaids, or dystopian societies. For adult romance, I am not generally interested in historical romance unless it is regency or victorian. NO Paranormal/Urban Fantasy for adults, please.
A sample of recent sales:
YA: Lee Bross’s TANGLED WEBS, in which 16-year-old Arista survives life in 18th century London by masquerading as the mysterious Lady A—a “fixer” who specializes in blackmail and extortion --and when her partner in crime goes missing, she must expose the darkest secrets of London’s aristocracy in order to unravel the truth about his disappearance, in a pre-empt, in a two book deal, for six figures, to Emily Meehan at Disney-Hyperion
Now in its third printing!