Mandy Hubbard joined D4EO Literary Agency in February 2010 as a Young Adult and Middle Grade specialist, and has since expanded to include romance. Before agenting, she worked with Jenny Bent at The Bent Agency and is also a multi-published YA author. Her books include PRADA & PREJUDICE (Razorbill), YOU WISH (Razorbill), DRIVEN (Harlequin), BUT I LOVE HIM (Flux) RIPPLE (Razorbill), and others forthcoming.
Her leading clients include Lee Bross, author of TANGLED WEBS (Disney-Hyperion, 2014), Emily Murdoch, author of IF YOU FIND ME (St. Martin's, 2013)Imogen Howson, author of LINKED (Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2013), and Jessica Martinez, author of VIRTUOSITY (Simon Pulse, 2011).
email: firstname.lastname@example.org [No Queries at this address]
- Email submissions only
- Put "Query: Book Title" in the subject line of the email
- Paste the first five pages of your novel below your query
- No attachments
- Email Queries to: Mandy.Hubbard.email@example.com
You are welcome to query anything that falls within the MG/YA realm, as well as romance but in particular, Mandy is looking for:
- Contemporary romance (for adults), the steamier the better. Please note, a Happily Ever After is required.
- Regency Romance
- "New Adult" romance (characters in their early 20s!)
- YA Horror and/or thriller, preferably with a body count
- YA epic fantasy a la THRONE OF GLASS
- MG with a fun girly angle and series potential
- YA Romance, whether historical or contemporary
- Historical YA novels based within real tragedies, a la BETWEEN SHADES OF GREY by Ruta Septys, REVOLUTION by Jennifer Donnely, etc.
- YA with a hook, a la HEIST SOCIETY by Ally Carter or THIRTEEN REASONS WHY by Jay Asher
PLEASE NOTE: I am not interested in vampires, werewolves, angels, mermaids, or dystopian societies. For adult romance, I am not generally interested in historical romance unless it is regency or victorian. NO Paranormal/Urban Fantasy for adults, please.
Recent sales include:
Debut author Joy N. Hensley's THE PANDORA SOCIETY, in which a teen joins the first class of girls to attend the prestigious Denmark Military Academy, but when the brutal hazing starts, she discovers she's the target of a centuries-old secret society, one taht will stop at nothing to drive her out, forcing her to trust a boy she can never ever fall for, in a two-book pre-empt, in a significant deal, to Jennifer Klonsky at Harper Teen, for publication Fall 2014.
VIRTUOSITY and THE VOW author Jessica Martinez's INCOGNITO, in which a girl must unravel the betrayals and deceptions of the two men she loves after she witnesses a murder ordered by her father and carried out by her boyfriend, to Anica Rissi at Katherine Tegen Books, for publication in Summer 2015.
MG: Cindy Callaghan's LUCKY ME, in which a tween girl fails to forward a chain letter and the ensuing bad luck wreaks havoc on her life, so she travels to Ireland to find the letter's original author and break the curse--but nothing goes as smoothly as planned, to Alyson Heller at Aladdin.
YA: Lee Bross’s TANGLED WEBS, in which 16-year-old Arista survives life in 18th century London by masquerading as the mysterious Lady A—a “fixer” who specializes in blackmail and extortion --and when her partner in crime goes missing, she must expose the darkest secrets of London’s aristocracy in order to unravel the truth about his disappearance, in a pre-empt, in a two book deal, for six figures, to Emily Meehan at Disney-Hyperion